No-Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
The love I have for these peanut butter and chocolate filled oat bars is limitless. Not only is there absolutely no baking required, (major plus) but they revolve around my childhood memories and there is nothing better than a warm fuzzy feeling while you are indulging.
I grew up in a semi-quiet, (except for us kids running around skinning our knees) oval shaped neighborhood. Once upon a time, a new girl showed up and everyone wanted to be her friend. The allure of a new person is so great in a small town. We became friends and as our friendship grew her mom introduced me to some desserts and some fantastic foods.
Sometimes my cravings tell me that I am ten years old and I want (or need) these bars.
Without further ado, I present to you a childhood memory: No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oat Bars.
Oh… and yeah you have to put these suckers in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
I wasn’t thrilled about that either, my apologies.
Do you have a specific food that is linked to your childhood? or a memory?
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add in the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in the quick cooking oats and stir. Cook the oat mixture over medium low heat for 4 minutes.
- While the oat mixture is cooking, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwavable bowl. Then set aside.
- Lightly grease an 8 by 8 inch baking pan. Press 3/4 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the oats.
- Take the remaining oat mixture and crumble it over the chocolate/peanut butter.
- Refrigerate the bars for at least 3 hours. Then cut into squares and enjoy!
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Square Brownie Baking Pan with Lid, Multipack of 2
OXO 1107600 Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set White
Calphalon Classic Nonstick Sauce Pan with Cover, 2.5 quart, Grey
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 100mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 22g Protein: 9g