No-Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
The love I have for these peanut butter and chocolate filled oat bars is limitless. Not only is there absolutely no baking required, (major plus) but they revolve around my childhood memories and there is nothing better than a warm fuzzy feeling while you are indulging.
I grew up in a semi-quiet, (except for us kids running around) oval shaped neighborhood. Once upon a time, a new girl showed up and everyone wanted to be her friend. The allure of a new person is so great in a small town. We became friends and as our friendship grew her mom introduced me to some desserts and some fantastic foods.
Sometimes my cravings tell me that I am ten years old and I want (or need) these bars.
Without further ado, I present to you a childhood memory: No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oat Bars.
Oh… and yeah you have to put these suckers in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
I wasn’t thrilled about that either, my apologies.
Do you have a specific food that is linked to your childhood? or a memory?
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to the saucepan.
- Add in the quick cooking oats and stir. Cook the oat mixture over medium low heat for 4 minutes.
- While the oat mixture is cooking, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave for approximately 30-60 seconds in a microwavable safe bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- Line a 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper if desired.
- Press 3/4 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the oats.
- Spread the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate and peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate the bars for at least 3 hours. Then cut into squares and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 100mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 22g Protein: 9g