Baked Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal is one of my favorite go-to breakfast recipes. It’s easy, it’s quick, it’s delicious! You can use blueberries and bananas as I did in this recipe or change out the fruit, depending on the season.
I used blueberries and bananas because that is what I had on hand, but I can see this being made with a variety of fruits! The possibilities are endless. Maybe try it with apples? I’d be super into that as apples are my favorite fruit.
I love oatmeal, but I rarely have time in the morning to make anything. Having a tray of this ready to go is a lifesaver. All I have to do is scoop it into a bowl and warm it up at the office.
I know after this is all gone I will be making more. This is a great way to get some more fruits into your diet. You could also add some flax seed meal for a fiber boost or some chia seeds to up those omega 3’s.
I ate this for breakfast this morning and as a “snack” when I first made it.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds (ground or flax seed meal)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Mix the oats, baking powder, walnuts, flax seeds, cinnamon, salt & sugar or maple syrup together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract together in another medium bowl.
- Butter a 8x13 baking dish or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the dish with the sliced bananas and 1 cup of blueberries.
- Top the fruit with the oat mixture, add remaining blueberries and the wet milk mixture until fully coated.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm.
Adapted from Baked Bree
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 8g