Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are made with whole wheat pastry flour for a healthy addition to your day.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade or bake up a batch of these lemon poppy seed muffins.
Life is funny sometimes. It’s always evolving and changing.
We have to learn to adapt to our new daily routine. I’m a creature of habit and don’t want to come out of my shell and do things differently.
At least there are some constants in my life. I know there are more changes to come so I need to just embrace it with a smile.
After you make the muffins, make up a crazy amazing batch of lemon curd a la David Lebovitz and slather it on top before enjoying.
Or cut the muffins half and spread the lemon curd like butter!
The lemon curd is so good that you will probably eat a few spoonfuls before you spread it on top of the muffins but that’s okay since it makes plenty.
Enough to also spoon over vanilla ice cream and add some ripe summer berries.
Damn, that sounds pretty good right now!
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unrefined or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Line a jumbo muffins tin with paper liners and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the egg with a whisk and stir in the milk, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. don't mix to much, lumpy batter is okay.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the batter into the lined muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of one muffin.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 8gSugar: 28gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information. In this recipe, 1 serving is 2 standard size muffins and 1 large muffin.