Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes, perfect for a summers day brunch!
It’s that time of year again, time for ripe berries and lazy late mornings somewhere between spring and summer spent whipping up a large stack of pancakes topped with strawberries.
By using a strawberry huller you aren’t losing part of the fruit that you might lose when simply cutting off the top with a paring knife.
I have been on a pancake kick lately so I immediately knew what I wanted to whip up. I also love my homemade whipped cream which can be used in almost any recipe that calls for cool whip or whipped cream in general. It makes a lot of whipped cream so the leftovers that you will ultimately have after making this recipe makes a good dipper for various fruits and pound cake.
You can also just save the leftovers and make a second batch the next morning of these pancakes. Feel free to make this chocolate fondue dip.
- homemade whipped cream recipe
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon rind, grated (optional)
- Make the homemade whipped cream and set in the refrigerator until ready to assemble pancake stacks.
- You can keep the whipped cream in the refrigerator for up to 2 days but it is best when used right away.
- Using a strawberry huller or knife, hull 2 cups of fresh strawberries.
- Half and quarter the strawberries and set aside until ready to assemble pancakes.
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- While whisking drizzle the melted butter into the batter and mix until butter is completely incorporated. Be careful not to over mix, some lumps are okay.
- Place 1/4 cup pancake batter on top of the griddle to form each pancake.
- Once bubbles form, flip with a pancake turner or spatula.
- Continue until all of the batter is gone.
- Layer the pancake stack with a pancake and then the whipped cream.
- Keep this pattern until all pancakes are used.
- Feel free to add as many fresh strawberries as you would like in between each layer.
- Top pancake stack with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Using a grater, grate a lemon on top of the stack and serve.
OXO 1044082 Large Cookie Scoop, 3 TSP, Stainless Steel Multicolor
OXO 1107600 Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set White
Cuisinart 655-35 Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 13-Inch by 20-Inch Double Burner Griddle
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 315mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 5g