Homemade Whipped Cream
Making whipped cream at home truly couldn't be easier. While it is just as easy to pick up a can of aerosol whipped cream or a tub of cool whip, you can really tell the difference with this homemade version.
I know that using a tub of cool whip or a can of rediwhip is super easy. I'm definitely guilty of using those products from time to time. I tend to gravitate more towards homemade versions but I'm not ashamed to say that I'm not perfect.
These products are everywhere now so it might not even occur to people that they can make it at home with just two ingredients. Of course, you can add in other things like cinnamon or chocolate.
Let the whipped cream be your canvas…or something like that.
You can use a batch of whipped cream in a variety of ways. I tend to dip fruit in it and use it as a topping on pancakes, French toast, and desserts.
I also use it in a family recipe, for Creamy Chocolate Fondue Dip that calls for cool whip.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp unrefined cane sugar
- Pour the heavy cream into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the sugar and with a hand mixer, whip the cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- The cream on the beaters will start to form peaks when lifted out of the bowl.
- Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use in a recipe or as a topping.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g