Spiced Gluten Free Pancakes
These Spiced Gluten Free Pancakes were the first thing I made with the Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix I shared last week. I had some issues and had to dive deep into recipe development. The recipe below comes after multiple tries so please enjoy on a Sunday morning with your gluten-free pals.
I really love pancakes. I don’t know if that is clear yet even though there are quite a few pancake recipes on this blog.
Well after I made a gluten free all purpose flour mix. What can I say? I just really love breakfast foods.
Since seeing if going gluten-free made any difference (it’s really hard to tell, I have no idea, to be honest!) I’ve found a new passion: experimenting with gluten-free flour mixes, alternative baking techniques, and other substitutions, like making a recipe vegan or dairy-free.
I was getting sort of bored in my baking routine so this is definitely adding new and interesting elements to the mix. I’m finding it extremely fascinating. Since baking is a science, it leads to endless opportunities to learn and grow as a baker. Thanks for following along with me.
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat a griddle and lightly grease with a pat of butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add your choice of milk, melted butter and egg to the dry mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the batter onto the griddle.
- The batter might need a little help spreading into a circle shape, do this by using the back of the cookie scoop and gently spread the batter outward.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip the pancake using a large spatula and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Optional: Top with sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
If you are using an already mixed all purpose gluten free flour from the store, you won't need to add xanthan gum as I did in this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 134 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 237mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 4g