Spiced Gluten Free Pancakes
These Spiced Gluten Free Pancakes were the first thing I made with the Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix I shared last week. I had some issues and had to dive deep into recipe development. The recipe below comes after multiple tries so please enjoy on a Sunday morning with your gluten-free pals.
I really love pancakes. I don’t know if that is clear yet even though there are quite a few pancake recipes on this blog.
Well after I made a gluten free all purpose flour mix. What can I say? I just really love breakfast foods.
Since seeing if going gluten-free made any difference (it’s really hard to tell, I have no idea, to be honest!) I’ve found a new passion: experimenting with gluten-free flour mixes, alternative baking techniques, and other substitutions, like making a recipe vegan or dairy-free.
I was getting sort of bored in my baking routine so this is definitely adding new and interesting elements to the mix. I’m finding it extremely fascinating. Since baking is a science, it leads to endless opportunities to learn and grow as a baker. Thanks for following along with me.
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat a griddle and lightly grease with a pat of butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add your choice of milk, melted butter and egg to the dry mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the batter onto the griddle.
- The batter might need a little help spreading into a circle shape, do this by using the back of the cookie scoop and gently spread the batter outward.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip the pancake using a large spatula and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Optional: Top with sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
OXO 1044082 Large Cookie Scoop, 3 TSP, Stainless Steel Multicolor
OXO 1107600 Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set White
Bobs Red Mill, Baking Flour 1 To 1 Gluten Free, 22 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 237mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 4g