Sweet Potato Custard (Gluten Free!)
This Sweet Potato Custard is crustless so it is naturally gluten-free. The whipped cream is homemade and the best-whipped cream I’ve ever tasted!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free as it is just full of sweet potato goodness and no crust.
Mix all of the ingredients together, bake at 350 degrees, cool and pipe some homemade whipped cream on top. If you’re feeling fancy sprinkle some ground cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Boom. Dessert is served.
If you’re not feeling fancy, no worries. Just grab a spoon and dig in. This Sweet Potato Custard waits for no one.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- prepared homemade whipped cream
- pinch of cinnamon + nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the sweet potato puree and the half and half. Whisk in the eggs, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fill 2 small baking dishes with the sweet potato mixture and place in a deeper baking dish.
- Put hot water in the deep baking dish so that it surrounds the smaller baking dishes. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, fit a plastic piping bags with your choice of frosting tips. Or cut a hole in the corner of a plastic ziplock bag.
- Fill the bag with the homemade whipped cream and set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove the sweet potato custard from the oven and let cool completely.
- Top with the homemade whipped cream. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g