Disclosure: OXO sent me a package of their products in exchange for this recipe and blog post. All opinions are 100% my own and I do indeed adore OXO products. This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Butterscotch Cookies are a family favorite around here. I made these to sell at the farmers’ market in 2010 and they are also a big hit. People would come just to buy the famous butterscotch cookies.
These cookies couldn’t be any simpler. I mean, it is basically a chocolate chip cookie with butterscotch chips substituted for chocolate.
I made these cookies for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a non-profit committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved treatments for pediatric cancer. This organization was started by two OXO employees and you can read more about their story and this inspiring organization.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Alternatively you can place in a stand mixer and beat with a beater blade.
- Add vanilla, egg, salt and baking soda and cream together until completely incorporated.
- Mix in flour until the dough is stiff. Mix in the butterscotch chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let cool for a minute before transferring onto a cooling rack with a cookie spatula or other spatula.
- If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
- Nordicware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 68mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 21g Protein: 2g