Blueberry Lemonade Sage Popsicles
These Blueberry Lemonade Sage Popsicles are a refreshing way to stay cool during any heatwave!
Last Sunday it was crazy hot and I really needed to get some kitchen work done. Instead, I got up really early and worked on a rice pudding recipe and this popsicle recipe.
Both of these recipes were entirely done on the stovetop.
No oven required.
When it is blazing hot outside, don’t turn on the oven! Unless you have a pool, which I can no longer say is true in my case.
I have nowhere to run when the kitchen gets so hot I just can’t stand it anymore.
Stovetop, salads, ice cream, popsicles, and no-bake desserts are the only acceptable meals in 105-degree weather.
In lieu of jumping in the pool, I’m now grabbing ice cream or popsicles and running into the air conditioning.
Why don’t we have central air?
I feel like I’m living in the 1900’s!
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp unrefined or coconut sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 3-4 lemons)
- 3 Tbsp sage, roughly chopped
- Combine the water and the sugar in a sauce pan and heat on medium-low until a low boil begins.
- Add the blueberries and reduce heat. Simmer until blueberries burst, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sage and let steep for 5 minutes.
- With a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a large measuring cup with a spout.
- Discard any blueberry or sage pieces left.
- Add the lemon juice and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Pour liquid into a popsicle mold.
- Drop whole blueberries inside, about five berries per mold.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until completely frozen.
- To release from the popsicle molds, run mold under hot water.
- Gently, move sticks back and fourth to slowly release the fully frozen popsicle.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 38 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 9mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 0g
So say it with me: I solemnly swear that I will not turn the oven on in temperatures over 85 degrees.