Violet Syrup Plum Popsicles
If you were wondering what to make with the Violet Syrup I posted, you’re in for a treat! In specific, a frozen treat with these Violet Syrup Plum Popsicles!
When I got two jars of violet syrup from my close friend, I knew immediately I wanted to make these popsicles. I had brand new plums sitting on the counter and I came home that day and immediately got to work in the kitchen.
My popsicle mold is my most used piece of equipment in the summer. I love to infuse herbs in popsicles but this time around I knew that the violets would do the trick.
I love the bright purple colors in this recipe. It’s funny, the plums I used to make this recipe were a deep purple when I cut into them and once I went to take the photos, I sliced open a plum and it was orange on the inside. I was confused for sure. We must have purchased two kinds of plums without realizing it. You can use whatever kind you’d like but if you want the darker hue, I’d go with Japanese plums called Satsuma.
If violets aren’t in season around your neighborhood, you might be able to find them online to make the violet syrup. If not, you can always use a simple syrup instead, maybe this rosemary-infused simple syrup would work well.
- 4 plums
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons violet syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Cut the plums into quarters and place in a blender or food processor.
- Process the plums on medium speed.
- Once a liquid forms and only tiny pieces remain, remove from the blender and strain into a small bowl using a strainer
- Discard the pulp of the plum and put the juice back into the blender or food processor
- Add the sugar, violet syrup and water.
- Process the mixture and transfer to a measuring cup with a spout
- Pour the juice into a popsicle mold and cover.
- Add Popsicle sticks to the molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 55 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 0g