Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
It’s strawberry time! This recipe makes a really great tasting summer dessert in no time at all. It’s pretty perfect to bring along to a BBQ!
It’s June and you know what that means: Strawberries and plenty of them! It’s time for the “pick your own” fields and farm stands on almost every road in the Hudson Valley!
Before I know it, strawberry season will be gone until next year and I’ll be stuffing my face with blueberries and peaches but I’d really like to savor berry season.
Dear Summer, let’s slow down a bit.
Add ice cream to the top of this whole wheat strawberry rhubarb cobbler or some fresh homemade whipped cream.
If you’re dairy-free or vegan (I’m sure you can find a replacement for the egg in this recipe) use coconut oil instead of the butter and top with your favorite vegan ice cream or whipped cream.
I always love the look of cleaned plates.
It makes me feel like whoever just ate what I made them really enjoyed it.
As I was preparing the scene for this food photography shoot I accidentally hit my remote and got this ghostly photo of my hand.
I didn’t realize that the shutter released until I was post-processing this batch in Lightroom.
I completely fell in love with this creepy image. I almost wish I wasn’t wearing a Fitbit, it would have made it creepier!
- 1 cup rhubarb (about 3 stalks)
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup coconut or unrefined sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsps lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Grease a square 8x8 pan with butter and set aside.
- Hull and slice strawberries into quarters and chop the rhubarb stalks, making sure to discard the leaves.
- Toss the strawberries and rhubarb with lemon juice in the 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the large egg, coconut or unrefined sugar and white whole wheat flour with a spatula until the mixture becomes coarse.
- Sprinkle the coarse mixture over the fruit and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the top of the cobbler is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and garnish with any remaining sliced strawberries.
- OXO 1107600 Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set White
- King Arthur Flour 100% Organic White Whole Wheat Flour, 5 Pound (Pack of 6)
- OXO Good Grips Easy-Release Strawberry Huller and Tomato Corer
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 206 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 136mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g