Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Certain foods make you think about certain people. I am pretty sure I have an ice cream flavor that I relate to important people in my life.
- Mint chocolate chip reminds me of my Mom.
- Birthday cake reminds me of my Husband
- Chocolate and Vanilla Twist reminds me of my Dad
- Butter Pecan reminds me of my Grandma
What about you? What ice cream flavors remind you of people in your life?
I can't help but wonder what ice cream flavor I am to all of the people I mentioned above.
PS. Yesterday was national chocolate chip day, I am almost on time with this post.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large handful of fresh mint
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat milk and cream in a medium saucepan on low. Do not let boil.
- While hot, add the fresh mint leaves and let steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and whisk into the whole eggs.
- Add sugar and whisk until fully combined.
- Strain mixture and discard mint.
- Slowly add 1 cup of the milk and cream mixture to the eggs and sugar while whisking continuously until cooled.
- When it has cooled, add the egg and milk mixture to the saucepan and heat on medium low.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Poor the mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- When the mixture is completely cool add it to your ice cream machine and follow the machines instructions, usually churn for about 20 minutes.
- While churning, add the chocolate chips.
- Transfer frozen mixture to a freezer bowl and place in your freezer for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 61mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 38g Protein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.