Cranberry & Raisin Granola
The setting: Saturday evening, at 9 pm.
The craving: granola for my Sunday morning cereal. It wasn’t too late so I went for it.
I found a generic granola recipe and sized up my pantry. I’m missing at least 3 ingredients. Do I care? Not really.
Oats (Lots of oats), dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts, pecans, and coconut. Toss in oil & honey, spread along two baking sheets and bake. Easy and crazy delicious.
While this was baking the smell reached the living room and I was content that I had no other prospects for the evening.
Nothing to do usually translates to me in the kitchen. Eating granola straight off the baking sheet was not my most brilliant idea. I’d still do it again.
Granola with milk poured over it or in yogurt is even better!
Let me know if you gave it a try in the comments!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans and coconut.
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir together the oil and honey.
- Cook and stir until blended.
- Pour over the oat mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread out in an even layer on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the oats and nuts are toasted.
- Immediately after it comes out of the oven, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries.
- Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Nordicware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Extra Thick Rolled Oats, 32-ounce (Pack of 4)
OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 28mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 36g Protein: 8g