Cranberry Pear Crisp
I go kind of nuts at the grocery store sometimes. I bought Pears & Cranberries just because they are in season with no plans to do anything with them. Once I got home I decided on this Cranberry Pear Crisp.
This recipe made two large ramekins and four small ramekins. I didn't have enough of either size to fit the entire recipe so I had to improvise. You understand I'm sure.
This would make a great Thanksgiving dessert or just anytime in the Fall when cranberries and pears are in their peak season.
The recipe itself is a bit tangy and then sweet. I rather like that combination, what do you think?
- 4 to 6 firm pears (6 cups), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chilled (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut 4 to 6 firm pears into 3/4-inch pieces to yield 6 cups.
- In a large bowl, toss pears with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Add 1 1/2 cups cranberries and 1/3 cup sugar; toss well.
- To make Oatmeal Crisp Topping: In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter until pea-size clumps form.
- Add 1/4 cup each granulated and light-brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup rolled oats, and a pinch of salt; pulse until large, moist clumps form, about 10 times.
- Transfer to six 8-ounce ramekins (or a 3-quart baking dish).
- Sprinkle with topping; bake until fruit is tender and topping is golden, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 80g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 50g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g