Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
I’m not completely sure what to call these bad boys. Are they cookies? Are they truffles? I don’t really care!
Whatever you call them, they are extremely addictive and I can’t get enough of them.
I had these last year at a Christmas party so when I first read this recipe I never would have guessed they were made with vanilla wafers.
I was a little thrown off by that ingredient but after making them myself and eating them, I remembered one of my favorite childhood snacks, Nutty Bars!
Have you ever had those Nutty Bars by Little Debbie? They taste exactly like that!
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 5 packets (envelopes) of hot cocoa mix
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar-divided
- Crush the vanilla wafers with a food processor or by hand in a plastic bag.
- Whisk cocoa mix w/ hot water till smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and corn syrup until blended.
- Blend in 1 cup powdered sugar and the crushed wafers until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls and cover w/ remaining powdered sugar.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- To crush the vanilla wafers you can put them in a food processor and blend or you can place the wafers in a plastic bag and crush by hand or with a rolling pin.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. You may want to spot check this information.