Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
I’m not completely sure what to call these bad boys. Are they cookies? Are they truffles? I don’t really care!
Whatever you call them, they are extremely addictive and I can’t get enough of them.
I had these last year at a Christmas party so when I first read this recipe I never would have guessed they were made with vanilla wafers.
I was a little thrown off by that ingredient but after making them myself and eating them, I remembered one of my favorite childhood snacks, Nutty Bars!
Have you ever had those Nutty Bars by Little Debbie? They taste exactly like that!
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 5 packets (envelopes) of hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar-divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- Whisk cocoa mix w/ hot water til smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and corn syrup until blended.
- Blend in 1 cup powdered sugar and wafers until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls and cover w/ remaining powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- OXO 1107600 Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set White
- OXO 11132000 Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with Magnetic Snaps, 1 EA
- Nordicware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 163 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 104mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g