Bourbon Coffee Ice Cream
Disclosure: I was provided product from OXO for their #IceCreamforOXO campaign. All opinions are 100% my own and I do indeed adore OXO products. This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
This Bourbon Coffee Ice Cream might just blow your mind!
Coffee plus ice cream already blows my mind. I can get my caffeine fix and eat ice cream all in one shot? Bring it on! Speaking of shots… Let's add some bourbon to the mix, shall we?
Yes, we shall!
Oh, what's that?
Do you want something crunchy?
How about some walnuts? Sounds good to me too.
To make this ice cream I followed a recipe that I've made before and just added walnuts and bourbon near the end of churning. I already knew this recipe was a winner so I figured, why fuss with it too much? If you don't want to add the bourbon and walnuts, you can omit them and have a perfect coffee ice cream.
You guys know my pals, OXO don't you? Well, they sent me a bunch of their tools that helped a lot while making this ice cream.
I just love them over there. They make the most useful kitchen equipment that really makes my life easier while cooking or baking.
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Chop the walnuts and set aside until the very end of churning.
- Combine eggs, yolks and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Heat milk and cream in a medium saucepan; do not let boil.
- Scorch the milk until it is near boiling. Turn off heat.
- Incorporate 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture while beating continuously.
- Do not let the eggs cook! When it has cooled, pour the cooked mixture into the remaining milk and cream, continue to beat.
- Heat mixture under medium low, while constantly whisking, until the consistency is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the brewed coffee.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and cover. Chill until completely cool.
- Once it is completely cool, pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow your machine’s directions for churning. Add the bourbon.
- Once the bourbon is incorporated, scoop the soft churned ice cream out of the ice cream maker and gently mix in chopped walnuts. Transfer to a container with a plastic utensil or spatula.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer until frozen.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links, at no extra cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 58mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 7g